Meet the Hopkins-Nanjing Center American Co-Director: Adam Webb
The Hopkins-Nanjing Center is pleased to welcome Adam Webb as the new American Co-Director. He has served on the faculty at the Hopkins-Nanjing Center as Resident Professor of Political Science for over 10 years. He holds a PhD in politics from Princeton University and has previously taught at Princeton and Harvard, and served as a Visiting Scholar at the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. His research interests encompass political thought, globalization, and critiques of modernity, and his research has addressed topics including social movements, alternative development, and the rise of China . How did you come to teach at the Hopkins-Nanjing Center? I first came to the Hopkins-Nanjing Center in 2008, after a few years of teaching at Harvard. I was originally expecting that I would stay a year or two as an opportunity to reconnect with China. I found the potential and unique environment very appealing, however, and have now been based here for over a decade. Based on your ...



