Tuesday, August 11, 2015

HNC Washington Office Says 再见 to Katie Brooks


The HNC Washington Office wishes Katie Brooks well on her last day in the office. Please see a message from Katie below:
Katie with current and former HNC Washington Office colleagues

After over five years of working for the Hopkins-Nanjing Center Washington Office at Johns Hopkins SAIS, I am leaving to pursue a new position at Columbia University in New York City.

As an alum of the HNC certificate program, it has been my privilege to be a part of the unique joint venture that is the HNC. The applicants, students, alumni, faculty, and staff I have worked with these last five years have provided a constant reminder of what a truly special place the HNC is. From reviewing the impressive applications of our students to traveling to China for the Joint Academic Committee, I’ve enjoyed supporting the HNC in every way I can.

I once heard a HNC Certificate/SAIS MA alumna remark, “SAIS is my community, but HNC is my family.” I will miss SAIS after I leave this job, but I know that the Hopkins-Nanjing Center will forever be a part of my life wherever I go. I look forward to joining the HNC alumni community in NYC!